Thames Path Challenge
Take on the Thames Path Challenge for VSO! Walk, jog or run along the River Thames, England's best-loved river, choosing the distance that suits you.
Choose from 100km, 50km, or 25km - this challenge is for all levels of fitness. You'll be in good company, amongst 2,000 other adventurers taking on the challenge on the 7th and 8th of September.
The full 100 km route heads upstream from Putney Bridge past Hampton Court to Runnymede of Magna Carta fame at 50km, then on past wonderful scenery all the way to Henley. If you choose a shorter distance, it's up to you to which leg of the 100km you join for - get in touch and we can see what works for you!
Call our events team on 020 8780 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising costs explained
We'd love for you to take on this challenge for VSO, so we can continue to make a difference in the lives of people in some of the poorest communities. See below for a breakdown of costs involved:
Charity sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
- Full challenge - £15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising
- Half challenge - £10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising
- Quarter challenge - £5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising
Mixed funding – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target
- Full challenge - £99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising
- Half challenge - £64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising
- Quarter challenge - £39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising
- Join as an individual or team
- Rest stops with free food and drink
- Medics, massages, and pace walkers
- End-of-challenge medal, T-shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Walk at your own pace - 24 hours+
- Camping options available
- Pre-event training support
What support will I receive?
In return for your dedication and commitment to this challenge, VSO will be there to support you every step of the way.
VSO participants receive:
- a VSO fundraising pack
- a VSO t-shirt
- a dedicated and experienced VSO fundraiser who will offer continued support and advice - to help you reach your target and prepare for the challenge
You’ll be fundraising for an amazing cause: for a world without poverty.
Our volunteers work in 23 countries to help people live healthy, dignified lives. Some of our volunteers include teachers, doctors, business experts, nurses... the list goes on.
These volunteers share skills where it's needed the most, in the world's poorest and most marginalised communities.
For more information call our events team on 020 8780 7500 or email email@example.com
Peak District Challenge
Take on the Peak District challenge, a gem in the heart of England. With 100km, 50km & 25km challenge options, this is one challenge not to be missed in 2019.
National Three Peaks Challenge
Take on one of Britain's toughest challenges, climbing three summits around the UK within 24 hours.