|Type of role||Business|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||As soon as possible|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organizations to national governments. Our programs in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
To help provide support to users across VSO’s footprint and to provide training and guidance to users to help IT make a difference in our work.
Ideal Applicant Summary
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelors degree in IT or related field.
• At least 2 year relevant experience with adequate knowledge in the development and management of databases, administration and global communication systems and an awareness of new technology that may improve delivery.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to develop and manage systems and software applications for use as management tools.
• People Management - Ability to support others.
• Inter-cultural competency: Ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds with commitment to diversity. Ability to build partnerships and relationships in a multi-cultural environment with demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
• Communication Skills – Excellent communications in English and local languages and ability to interact effectively with international and national staff.
• Organization and Problem Solving- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a complex and fast changing environment, work on own initiative and problem solving with solution focus. Ability to carry multi-task and analyze information into action to conduct program activities timely.
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization. Able to travel occasionally and spend time away from base and home.
• Reporting: Show attentiveness to work, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Travel: Ability to travel in a rural area in- country and internationally occasionally and spend time away from work- base location and home.
• Knowledge of Service management system e.g. Remedy-force, Windows operating systems including Windows 10 and 7 and Office packages including 2013
• Knowledge of active directory administration, hardware/ audio/ video/ anti-virus information security technical support and apple hardware support.
• Experience of working with international NGO.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
Competencies and Behavior
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
How to apply
Complete the registration form below. When you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our VSO Values self-assessment. This is a module designed to give you an insight into VSO’s ethos and provide you with an understanding of how your values align with ours, helping you to decide if you would like to join our organisation. The self-assessment module typically takes about 10 minutes to complete.
After completing the VSO Values self-assessment, you can opt out or proceed with the application process. You will need to upload your CV in Word or PDF format detailing your employment and educational history, and any volunteering experience. Please note that you will need to complete the full application form in one go as you cannot save it to fill at a later time.
When you have submitted your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete two assessments which focus on how you process information and what your work approach is.
You will be shown instructions and example questions prior to the assessments to help you increase your familiarity with them. You will also have access to a short profile report on completion of the assessment. Your application will be reviewed by our Resourcing Team when you have completed these assessments.
Should you require any adjustments to be made to the application process due to a disability or any other circumstances, please email us at Recruitment@vsoint.org to discuss your requirements.
Step 1. Complete the registration form below
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).