|Type of role|
|Salary||Local benchmark - competitive|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||week commencing 26th July|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Salesforce Product Owner, to lead the successful implementation of Salesforce projects across our international footprint. At VSO we share a passion for leveraging technology to improve lives. Working as part of a global team, you will have the opportunity to experience our programmes first hand and support key stakeholders in streamlining and simplifying our ways of working. We need an experienced business analyst who is able to really understand our processes and help our users to navigate and get the most out of Salesforce by driving good data integrity and facilitating performance management through tailored use of reporting. Reporting to the IT Solutions Delivery Manager, you will be familiar with latest developments to the platform and Apps available and able to guide the organisation in selecting the right architecture solutions. You will be responsible for creating / authorising and managing the technical solution documents for new projects, change requests and enhancements. You will oversee an offshore development function from a quality assurance perspective, delivering changes/projects within an agile development model and working closely with project managers and business analysts as a subject matter expert. Our team members enjoy being part of a connected global team, supported by our flexible working policy and tools which facilitate remote working.
The successful candidate will:
• Understand and own VSO Salesforce architecture including, but not limited to the data model, our objects, integrations and analytics
• Build strong relationships throughout the organisation and develop a comprehensive understanding of business processes
• Work closely with senior managers in the organisation to understand future development needs and support them
• Investigate vendors and solution options, carry out feasibility studies and recommend technical solutions and technologies where Salesforce integration is required
• Manage Salesforce change requests, including resource estimates, stakeholder management and implementation process
• Provide technical user support escalated from the helpdesk and resolve system / application issues
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will have demonstrable experience in successfully supporting Salesforce programmes/projects involving significant scale and business change, as well as an understanding of business re-engineering principles and processes. You are a strategic thinker and possess the ability to actively engage stakeholders to make complex decisions. Your experience of working in global teams enables you to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
• Experience of designing and developing complex custom Salesforce orgs
• Up to date knowledge of the Salesforce ecosystem, including CRM capabilities and partner products
• Understanding of developing effective data models and documenting organisational data architecture
• Good understanding of web services, APIs and ETL processes, including planning integration architecture for interfacing systems
• Comfortable creating functional specifications, design and architecture documentation
• Experience with salesforce reports and dashboard development
• Experience of Salesforce Lightning platform click and configure development
• Experience reviewing, understanding and recommending changes to Apex and Visualforce code
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work the job location before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).