|Type of role||Community and social work|
|Salary||To be negotiated|
|Contract type||Consultant Agreement|
|Contract length||45 days|
|Negotiable Hours||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||To be confirmed|
|Start date||15 June 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The consultant will support the lead researchers in summarizing data and transcription which mainly focus on thematic data analysis that involves in sorting and compiling of data into ‘themes’.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
The ideal applicant has
• Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economics, Statistics or related field with a research experience and background preferably in education/refugee education sector
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in research and document review
• Strong background and experience in data collection and analysis
• Proven experience assessing development issues in Ethiopian contexts and ability to draw strong and valid conclusions
• Experience in statistical and graphical analysis of data
• Excellent communication and report writing skills in English
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).