What to expect from the application process.
Finding and applying for a role
- Browse our current opportunities
- Select a role to find out more about it
- Download and read the detailed job description and person specification
- Use the ‘make an application’ button to begin your application
- Complete the online application form – please note that we don’t accept CVs via email.
What you’ll need to apply
It will take around 10 – 20 minutes to complete the online application form. Before you start, make sure you’re ready with:
- your personal details,
- details of your current or most recent employment (your job title, dates of employment, and summary of responsibilities)
- your CV in Word or PDF format (maximum file size 1MB).
You must submit your application in English.
All job applications must be submitted online on our website. We are unable to accept or review applications, and speculative CVs submitted through email.
After you’ve applied
After you’ve reviewed and submitted the form, you’ll receive a confirmation email, and we’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your application.
Our commitment to safeguarding
We have zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policies and global code of conduct.
If you receive a conditional offer to become a volunteer, we will carry out mandatory background checks as part of our safer recruitment processes.
As part of these checks, we will ask you to:
- provide evidence of your identity and eligibility to work in the location required,
- explain any gaps in your employment history,
- declare any information that is likely to appear on a criminal background check,
- provide at least two professional references, covering the past five years.
Volunteering with a criminal record
Having previous cautions or convictions does not automatically exclude you from volunteering with us. We will discuss these with you and consider each situation on a case-by-case basis, depending on the nature of the offences and the level of risk involved with the role.
If your application is successful, you will then need to be medically cleared by our expert Medical Team, before starting training as part of your preparations to volunteer.