International corporate volunteering
Knowledge Exchange is VSO's employee volunteering offer for businesses. Develop your talented employees, while changing lives in the world's poorest communities.
Why choose VSO Knowledge Exchange?
Communities living in poverty
- Local development partners access new skills and capabilities to improve their work
- Demonstrable improvements in the lives of communities living in poverty
- Local organisations and communities have a better understanding of, and engagement with, the private sector
VSO Knowledge Exchange is designed to develop the leadership competencies of key employees, specifically:
- Innovation, flexibility, strategic thinking and team leading skills to deliver results
- Ability to deliver projects and programmes linked to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- New thinking to design and deliver new products and services
- New skills and knowledge in an emerging market
- Develops cross-cultural awareness through team assignments
Through VSO Knowledge Exchange you can become a partner in achieving the SDGs while:
- Developing the sustainability leaders of tomorrow
- Rewarding employees and generating engagement in your CSR work
- Improving talent acquisition and retention
- Understanding new markets and opportunities
- Innovating new products and services
- Deepening involvement with and understanding of global supply chains
How and why we partner
Employee reward: A range of assignments are available to employees each month with 3-6 month long assignments.
Leadership fast track: Bespoke assignments for specific groups of employees, with assigments up to one month long.
Talent aquisition and retention: Embed volunteering in a pre-existing training programme, with assignments typically 1-2 months.
Go to market: Co-design a programme to build profile and insight in targeted geographies, with assignments typically lasting 3-6 months.
Supply chain: Co-design a programme to optimise supply chain paying attention to local environment, with mixed long and short-term volunteer assignments.
Bespoke corporate volunteering packages
Talk to us about your priorities for corporate volunteering. Combine different elements or design an entirely original programme tailored to your business.
Monitoring and evaluation officer in Ghana – three months
Top talent from NTT Data supporting the development of robust M&E indicators on our Cocoa Life programme with Mondelēz International.
“It feels like I learned as much in one month in Ghana as in two years in London"
- Karine de Lamarliere, management consultant, NTT Data
Team assignment coaching and developing SMEs in Kenya – four weeks
Twelve analysts and associates from across Europe, the Middle East and Africa working with social enterprise Balloon Ventures to coach and mentor an ambitious group of entrepreneurs.
"Citi has learned a lot about the challenges small businesses face in accessing finance, technology and markets."
- Rachel Barber, head of community development EMEA at Citigroup
Developing best agricultural practice and market linkages in Bangladesh – six weeks
The latest cycle of mid-senior level Syngenta employees taking our co-created Growing Together project, lifting smallholder farmers out of poverty, to the next level.
"We at Syngenta essentially have the same objectives as organisations like VSO, to work with smallholders and improve their situation"
- Amanda Scott, senior manager and volunteer, Syngenta
Learn more from our partners and dedicated team on how corporate employee volunteering can benefit your business at one of our upcoming events and webinars.
To find out what you could achieve through a partnership with VSO, please get in touch with our dedicated private sector engagement team.
Contact: Paul Benson, senior private sector engagement manager
Phone: +44  20 8780 7345
We're on LinkedIn
Looking for other ways to partner with us?