Why choose VSO Knowledge Exchange?
Knowledge Exchange is VSO's corporate employee volunteering offer.
20 years’ experience, 11 corporate partners, 175,500 volunteer hours.
Delivering sustainable impact in communities while delivering shared value to companies:
- Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals [SDGs] as part of your corporate responsibility and sustainability plan
- Develop sustainable leaders of tomorrow
- Reward your employees and engage them with your CSR work
- Improve talent acquisition and retention
- Understand new markets and opportunities
- Innovate new products and services
- Deepen involvement with and understanding of global supply chains
Lasting impact of volunteering
In a recent survey of volunteers from nine of our corporate partners 91% stated they were more engaged with their company’s CSR policy and 74% actively made recommendations for positive change. Download the full report.
VSO Knowledge Exchange placements are proven to develop key competencies of future leaders, specifically:
- Innovation, problem solving, flexibility, strategic thinking, empathy and team leading skills
- Cross cultural awareness and communication skills through immersive experiences
- Ability to deliver projects and programmes linked to achieving the United Nations SDGs
- Design thinking and product development to suit emerging markets
The Lasting Impact Report found that 77.5% of staff learned how the operations of the business impact the poor and marginalised.
Volunteering For Development
VSO’s high standards of volunteering ensure sustainable impact in the communities within which we work, building resilience, inclusion and social accountability.
Corporate volunteering projects focus on:
- Demonstrable improvements in the lives of communities living in poverty
- Building capability and skills of local development partners
- Local organisations and communities have a better understanding of, and engagement with, the private sector
- Creating new, sustainable development programmes
- Improving the systems and processes of VSO’s development work including recruitment, monitoring and evaluation.
VSO and Citi: Supporting entrepreneurs to grow communities
Talent acquisition and retention: Embed volunteering in a pre-existing training programme, with assignments typically 1-2 months.
VSO and Syngenta: Supporting smallholder farmers to increase their yields and incomes
Supply chain: Co-design a programme to optimise supply chain paying attention to local environment, with mixed long and short-term volunteer assignments.
VSO and Randstad: Sharing skills to fight poverty
Employee reward: A range of assignments are available to employees each month with 3-6 month long assignments.
VSO and IBM: Mentoring change-makers through employee assignments
Leadership fast track: Bespoke assignments for specific groups of employees, with assignments up to one month long.
To find out what your business could achieve through a partnership with VSO, please get in touch with our dedicated private sector engagement team.
Contact Christopher today to find out more: