How to organise a bag pack
Bag packing in a local supermarket can be a really easy way to raise money and spread the word about VSO.
Here are our top bag-packing tips:
- Choose the supermarket wisely. The bigger the supermarket the better as there will be more checkouts for you to use.
- Get permission first. Ask to speak to the manager and tell them about your fundraising idea. If they ask you to send in a formal letter we can help you with this, so please do get in touch.
- Discuss with the management what day to hold your bag pack - they’ll know when the supermarket is likely to be busiest and when you can hope to raise the most funds.
- Don’t be afraid to ask whether you can book a series of dates to do bag packing – an easy way to increase your total with little extra effort.
- Once you have confirmed your dates, get a team of packers together and head to the supermarket. Make sure you have someone covering each checkout for maximum impact.
- Contact us for some branded collection buckets and tins as well as a few leaflets about what we do and who we are. We can also provide a VSO T-shirt for you - ideal to get those donations rolling in.
- Be confident, friendly and ready with a winning smile and watch the donations come in.
Paying in funds raised
- Don't forget to pay in any raised funds to us as quickly as possible and to find out how, please visit our how to pay in your funds page.
- Please note that for events such as this, you cannot claim Gift Aid on the money raised.
- For more information about the sorts of events you could hold and other things you can do to raise funds for us, visit our fundraising suggestions section.
Need some help? Get in touch!
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8780 7500