Bag packing in a local supermarket can be a really easy way to raise money and spread the word about VSO.
Here are our top bag-packing tips:
- Choose the supermarket wisely. The bigger the supermarket the better as there will be more checkouts for you to use.
- Get permission first. Ask to speak to the manager and tell them about your fundraising idea. If they ask you to send in a formal letter we can help you with this, so please do get in touch.
- Discuss with the management what day to hold your bag pack - they’ll know when the supermarket is likely to be busiest and when you can hope to raise the most funds.
- Don’t be afraid to ask whether you can book a series of dates to do bag packing – an easy way to increase your total with little extra effort.
- Once you have confirmed your dates, get a team of packers together and head to the supermarket. Make sure you have someone covering each checkout for maximum impact.
- Contact us for some branded collection buckets and tins as well as a few leaflets about what we do and who we are. We can also provide a VSO T-shirt for you - ideal to get those donations rolling in.
- Be confident, friendly and ready with a winning smile and watch the donations come in.
Paying in funds raised
- Don't forget to pay in any raised funds to us as quickly as possible and to find out how, please visit our how to pay in your funds page.
- Please note that for events such as this, you cannot claim Gift Aid on the money raised.
- For more information about the sorts of events you could hold and other things you can do to raise funds for us, visit our fundraising suggestions section.