Our evaluation strategy
A culture of learning and evaluation drives our effectiveness, relevance, impact and sustainability. It also helps increase understanding of the unique contribution volunteering makes to sustainable development.
We strive to embed a culture of learning and evaluation by:
- building learning and evaluative questions and processes within programmes design and architecture, ensuring they drive programmes and organisational monitoring practices and data collection;
- increasing the number of collaborative internal evaluative and learning exercises conducted across programmes;
- using generated findings to facilitate learning, understand the impact and sustainability of our work and drive programme improvement;
- sharing best practice of rigorous evaluations methodologies, approaches and findings amongst all staff across VSO;
- increasing the strategic choice of global or meta-evaluations across thematic and geographic areas; and
- increasing our capacity and confidence to decide on the need and relevance of external evaluation and to commission and manage strong evaluations, using external experts when this is deemed necessary.