We know that timely evaluation plays a critical role in understanding the contribution we make in delivering sustainable development.
Rigorous evaluations allow us to:
- improve what we do, to inform programme development, and
- prove what we do, so we are accountable to the poor and marginalised communities we serve, donors, partners, and peer organisations.
Meta-evaluation and synthesis review
In 2016 we conducted a review of 26 VSO evaluation reports, covering our work in specific countries and individual programmes.
The aims were to:
- review the quality of existing evidence and identify key areas for improvement;
- analyse the collection of evidence to understand the collective impact of our work;
- identify and understand trends in our impact and sustainability across different contexts, core approaches and core programme areas (education, health and livelihoods).
Value for Money: CASH Tanzania
The findings from a project to empower smallholder farmers to participate in a higher return market and transform agriculture from subsistence activity to a profitable enterprise.
- VSO Project Evaluation - Value For Money CASH Tanzania.pdf
- VSO management response [PDF]
- Social Cost Benefit Analysis of the CASH project [Excel]
Approaches to National Volunteering, VSO Nigeria
Understanding the contribution of national volunteering models towards programme and project objectives and outcomes in Nigeria.
Sri Lanka post-closure evaluation
One year after we finished working in Sri Lanka, 75% of the skills, income, and process developments that we supported are being sustained, highlighting the effectiveness and continued positive impact of our approach to capacity development.
Download the Sri Lanka Post-closure evaluation report.
Cameroon post-closure evaluation
Testing and examining VSO’s assumptions about building capacity of local partner organisations, and the impact this has.
Download the Cameroon post-closure evaluation report [PDF].
Youth volunteering contribution to sexual reproductive health development results in Baglung, Nepal
Understanding and documenting the effects of the VSO ICS programme on sexual reproductive health.
Youth community volunteering in Bangladesh
Increasing understanding of how youth community volunteers contribute towards VSO development objectives.
Download the Youth community volunteering in Bangladesh [PDF].