Welcome to Ethiopia, a country of wide diversity located in the horn of Africa and where VSO have been working since 1995.
Rich in different culture, history and breath-taking landscape, Ethiopia is full of volunteering opportunities to be engaged.
The people’s hospitality, friendly attitude and inborn appreciation for knowledge helps for volunteers’ quick adaptation to life in Ethiopia. Even if being frustrated at times seems inevitable, at the end of the day you would be content with the knowledge of that you are making a difference in someone’s life.
We have an exciting but challenging future ahead of us. Our staff, partners and volunteers are all highly committed to achieving our vision of an Ethiopia without poverty, where all individuals and communities are able to realise their own potential and that of Ethiopia, and improve their quality of life.
We look forward to welcome you to our country.
Rahel Gebremariam, Country Director
"This experience is even better shared" : Nanda and Hilbert-Jan in Ethiopia
Volunteering couple Nanda and Hilbert-Jan, from the Netherlands, are volunteering together with VSO in Hossana, Ethiopia.
We have a dedicated team to work with you while you're on placement, including:
- Rahel Gebremarian, Country Director
- Ruth Yohannes, Head of Human Resources
- Yohannes Amada, Programme Manager – Health
- Tesfaw Mohammed, Programme Manager – Education
- Deribe Daddy, Logistics Manager
- Tatek Dejene, Project Manager – Education
- Zebiba Getachew, Project Manager – Health
- Meheret Amsalu, Project Manager – Heath