Volunteer role: Youth Programming Advisor (Volunteer Role)
|Type of role:||Advocacy policy and research|
|Partner organisation:||VSO Zambia|
|Application Closing Date:||21 Sep 2017|
|Interview date:||7th October 2017|
|Start date:||16th November 2017|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To support the design and development of an Integrated Youth Empowerment Program in a Serenje whose main objective is to improved livelihoods, empowerment and overall living conditions of youth in Serenje and surrounding communities.
Assist existing and emerging Youth groups to design and develop business plans and budgets for profitable and sustainable projects of learning and profit making nature.
Support the youth groups in identifying key allies and champions in govt, private and civil society sectors that can support them, and facilitate spaces for dialogue, engagement and negotiation.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience managing youth economic empowerment projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a development related studies. Added education in projects management or entrepreneur development is desirable.
- Experience of co-ordinating, planning and reporting systems, and experience of managing project budgets. Strong organisation and time management skills required.
- Good understanding of the challenges faced by young people across the world and linking it to the Zambia situation
- Experience of cross-cultural working and an understanding of issues of diversity.
This is a volunteer role.
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
Volunteers are also provided with accomodation. However, VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in advocacy, policy, M&E and research
Volunteers with specialist skills help support the quality and monitoring of programmes and build capacity of local partners to support sustainable development.