Volunteer role: School Management and Leadership Adviser
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Aug 2019|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To support the development of school leadership and management at school levels to significantly increase capacity of principals and deputy principals to support primary grade teachers in language and literacy.
To create an environment that will support the improvement of language teaching and learning, school leadership has to address in-classroom factors, such as teaching and resources; in-school factors, such as leadership and management; and out-of-school factors, such as parental involvement and socio-economic circumstances. The inclusion of both school principals as well as deputy principals will ensure that developed competencies and resources are continuously available at each school.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• • Bachelor degree or Post-Graduate certificate in education
• At least 5 years’ experience of school leadership or education management focused on improving language learning outcomes and strengthening school management
• Fluent English speaker, with good written skills in English
• Capability to produce accurate, reflective reports with reference to qualitative and quantitative data
• Key qualities of relationship-building, adaptability and resilience
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application