Research and Policy Specialist
|Type of role:||Community and social work|
|Areas of focus:||Health|
|Location:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Salary:||$828 - $1,047 per month plus attractive allowance and benefits package such as 10% monthly salary for medical allowance, 13th month salary, pension: one month salary for each year of service, and 37 annual leave days including public holidays.|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Contract length:||1 year|
|Full Time:||38 hours per week|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
It's an exciting time to join VSO Cambodia, one of the longest standing INGOs in Cambodia. We have been successfully working with Government, Civil Society, state and non-state partners in the fields of Education, Livelihood, Health, International Citizenship Services and Governance will be strongly integrated. We will work with the most disadvantaged communities, and draw on our unique competencies in different forms of volunteerism and active citizenship.
Working with VSO will giving you a great opportunity to develop both personal and professional skill and knowledge. It will allow you to work within good working environment, international standard and cross-culture working.
Working as research and Policy adviser is to make evidence-based recommendations for more effective and efficient implementation of education policies at provincial, district and school levels, and to strengthen the capacity of local education staff, including school directors, in data collection and use. This will contribute to higher quality and more equitable education service delivery.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Fluency in verbal and written Khmer and English
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field, with at least one year of experience in related tasks.
• Experience in planning and delivering field research projects using qualitative data and writing reports
• Experience in analysing policies and procedures in public service delivery, in order to make advocacy or policy recommendations to improve service delivery
• Experience working with Cambodian public servants, especially at the sub-national level
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, in Khmer and English.
• Experience in bringing people together for a common purpose
• Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to manage a project in a climate of change, recognising and being open to ambiguity, uncertainty and opportunities
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural context
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in facilitating training
• Ability to self-manage, self-organize; be a self-starter
• Experience in carrying out action research
• Good understanding of education sector in Cambodia
• Understanding of the role of international development organizations on the development of education in Cambodia
• Understanding of the role of volunteering for development
• Experience or understanding of public administration and management
This is a national hire post under national terms and conditions.
VSO is committed to a policy of equal opportunities, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce. Applications are welcome from people of all origins, age, religions, gender,ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability. Every application will be reviewed against the above requirement with the position only. Women are encouraged to apply.
Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
|Application Closing Date:||24 Jan 2017|
|Interview date:||January 2017|
|Start date:||February 2017|