Volunteer role: Organisational development specialist
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Interview date:||To be Determined|
|Start date:||Soonest Possible|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The purpose of this placement is to improve network organisational effectiveness by developing and embedding systems, procedures, relationship and tools which will help the CSOs and the networks they operate to better plan and execute their work. This requires helping networks in preparing and actualizing the network improvement plans to improve the organizational systems that are required to support networking activities while at the same time helping CSOs within networks to identify when and where network approaches can be used to achieve the best possible outcomes for citizens. Aside from a general improvement of organizational capacity the position will be require to works with other national expert volunteer to strengthen network competency skills on network coordination, knowledge management, resource mobilization, advocacy and gender.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Degree in social science, management, law, administration or related fields with extensive experience in governance sector along with the communication and capacity building skills.
• Extensive experience in governance sector, especially with NGO network or sub-national CSO working on governance and social accountability.
• Experience in organizational development especially for network, alliance or membership organization.
• Strong knowledge in organizational development skills.
• Experience leading group of dynamic in multi-sector settings.
• Experience in knowledge transfer by coaching and mentoring to the NGO network is an advantage
• At least 5 years post graduate experience
• Excellent inter-personal and team building skills.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application