Volunteer role: Network Coordination Specialist
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Interview date:||To be Confirmed|
|Start date:||February 2018|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The purpose of this role is to support networks to harmonize common efforts or action of target networks, designed to match or complement one another or to navigate or to bring together CSO or network groups that are pursuing a common outcome. The position will involve emhancing capacity building efforts to strengthen CSO networks in eight focus provinces related to coordination and cohesion building to create synergy for greater positive outcomes for citizens.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Degree in social science, management, law, administration or related fields with extensive experience in civil society or governance sector along with communication and capacity building skills.
• Extensive experience in civil society and/or governance sector, especially with NGO network or sub-national government in social accountability framework.
• At least 5 years post graduate experience
• Experience in coordination of the engagement between sub-national government and citizen
• Knowledge in network coordination skills.
• Experience leading group of dynamic individuals in multi-sector settings.
• Experience in knowledge transfer by coaching and mentoring to the NGO network is an advantage
• Excellent inter-personal and team building skills
Possible locations to be confirmed.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in business, management and IT
Business and management professionals needed to support the development of sustainable businesses and livelihoods.