Volunteer role: Inclusive Education Specialist – Gender &/or Disability Focus
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Dec 2017|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In this unique volunteer opportunity as Inclusive Education specialist you will be involved to promote Inclusive education principles and practices at pre-primary, primary, and Secondary level; to create an inclusive education environment where children, especially girls, can attend, stay in school longer and receive quality education.
The role is to support the target partners in integrating and implementing inclusive education practices and ensuring accessibility of quality education for all children of the target district, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, social background, language and physical disability.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A minimum of BA degree ,MA degree in inclusive education and related areas preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in in-service and/or pre-service teacher training at pre-primary and primary education level;
• Experience of training teachers at pre-primary and primary level and/or secondary level and proven knowledge and skills in Active learning, child-centred and inclusive methodologies and special needs education,
• Proven experience and Knowledge of developing, implementing and coordinating inclusive education projects/programs;
• Advisory ,communication and networking skills and experiences;
• Experience in developing inclusive education/SNE training materials (including teaching aids) and deliver trainings;
• Proven and practical knowledge of peer-to-peer support to share experience and learning;
• Have adequate knowledge and experience as well as the enthusiasm to continuously monitor and evaluate project results and write up reports regular quarterly and annual reports;
• Good interpersonal skills combined with a flexible and adaptable attitude;
• Excellent communication skills with good command of both spoken and written English;
• Experience in using the technology to ensure effective management of information systems, planning and decision making;
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application