Examining the resilience status of communities - Consultancy
|Location:||Northern Uganda, Uganda|
|Contract type:||Consultant Agreement|
|Contract length:||1 month|
|Application Closing Date:||15 Dec 2017|
|Interview date:||9th Jan 2018|
|Start date:||17th Jan 2018|
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Examining the resilience status of communities, groups and individuals participating in VSO Uganda projects and those in the implementation locations
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Over 7 years of research work and extensive experience with Country level context research
• Masters degree or appropriate research experience in development studies, DRR or CCA
• Substantial experience of resilience programming in multiple countries, including significant country level research experience and knowledge of the four regions of Uganda.
• Experience in engaging at policy level and with key National departments and government representations and INGO’s, the UN and the private sector.
• Experience of facilitating large learning events that bring together civil society, government, academia and private sector
. and more in attached terms of reference document.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application