Volunteer role: Education Research Policy Adviser
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||various countries, Nepal|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Dec 2017|
|Start date:||January 2018|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Education Policy Research Advisor will work collaboratively with her/his counterpart in marginalised schools in project country. S/He will lead in strengthening the relationship between teachers, directors and parents. You'll identify opportunities for head teachers to develop staff unity and increase teacher motivation. The emphasis of your position will depend on the key objectives of the local partner.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• University degree in Education, at least 5 years’ experience working with multi-level stakeholders particularly in government
• Strong background coordinating with government agencies, development partners and civil society organizations
• Experience in conducting education policy research particularly on equity in education
• Strong background in building capacity of staff particularly in government
• Background in programme and policy implementation and monitoring
• Strong background in writing policy briefs and reports
• Knowledge and understanding of international inclusive education practice
• Experience of practical and creative solutions to deliver results in organizations with minimal resources
• Understanding of Sector Wise Approach Plan (SWAP) for education
• Understanding of School Sector Development Plan (SSDP)
• Knowledge and understanding on Education in Federalism
• Knowledge and understanding of international gender and inclusive education practice
Please note that this is a generic advert. You can complete a general application form now so we have your details. As soon as a job becomes available, we'll contact you directly.
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in teaching and education
Help ensure that every child has access to a quality education.