Volunteer role: Education Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Jul 2018|
|Start date:||January/April 2018|
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The communities we work in need people like you - experienced professionals with the ideas, energy and courage to make a difference.
VSO runs important education-based projects all over the world. However, without efficient monitoring and evaluating of these projects, it’s impossible to track their success. That’s where you come in.
As a Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, you’ll be working on an education project abroad, responsible for developing and implementing M&E framework. You’ll also be involved in monitoring performance, programme reporting, communications, research and evaluations.
You’ll be building a credible body of evidence around the VSO project work, assuring programme quality and examining decision making. You will coordinate your work with various project activities, enabling the VSO Education Programme to measure the progress and impact of its development activities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
•Minimum of 3 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation including designing and managing of results-based M & E systems for donor funded projects
• University degree in relevant field
• Knowledge and experience in using mobile technology and cloud-based management information systems
• Knowledge and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
• Knowledge of and experience with impact assessment methods
• Strong analytical, training, supervision and writing skills
• Strong IT skills - knowledge and experience in designing databases using Excel, Access and knowledge of SPSS and other statistical packages is highly desirable
• Experience of strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
• Self-starter with initiative and confidence to lead in their designated field – can work independently and prioritize own work load
• Excellent team player
• Excellent organisational skills
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application