Volunteer role: Education Distance Learning Specialist
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Mar 2019|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In this unique volunteer opportunity as Education Distance Learning SPecialist, you will advise on the development of :
- Curricula for distance training in general & specific subjects
- Training materials for distant learning both on general & specific subjects
- Finals of semester and end of year exams, course regulations to be applied in the project
• You will support the Pedagogic University in establishing links with the provincial nucleus
• You will support the recruitment and training of lecturers for the project
• You’ll support the evaluation of: - teaching materials developed by lecturers
- the evaluation of the course and together with the National coordinator propose appropriate changes
• You’ll organize workshops for lecturers and students.
• You’ll work with colleagues to identify and implement appropriate HIV/AIDS related activities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- You have a Master degree in Education.
- You have strong communication skills, written and verbal in English
- You’re able to present progress reports, project updates and briefings to a range of audiences in a clear, accurate and confident manner
- You’re computer literate in Microsoft Office
- You’re able to manage a team
- You have knowledge of distance learning and specific IT-tools to support that (ERP solutions) Experience
- You have at least 7 years’ experience with distant learning
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in effective line management
- You have proven experience in project management
- Experience in college or university setting is desirable
- Experience of working at provincial government level is an advantage.
Please note that this is a generic advert. You can complete a general application form now so we have your details. As soon as a job becomes available, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application