Volunteer role: Education Communications Specialist
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Jan 2018|
|Start date:||January/April 2018|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
For details of how we work please review our video -http://youtu.be/1rGxeLRrYEc
In this unique volunteer opportunity as The Education Communications Specialist you will be responsible to Support project based communications and media engagement in collaboration with M&E advocacy and policy and resource mobilizations project volunteers and staff. Leading the development of early grade supplementary reading materials, support the development of training materials, and development of project Information Education & Communication (IEC) materials, including publications
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A minimum degree in Mass communication, Language specialist or related field
• Experience in writing simple stories for children education purposes
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
• Experience in graphics designing is desirable
• Experience in training professionals
• Facilitation skills (e.g. workshops)
• Experience in development of communications strategies
• Excellent planning, coordination, organizational and management competencies.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and high levels of government bureaucracy at management level.
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application