Volunteer role: Community Development Specialist
|Application Closing Date:||30 Nov 2017|
|Interview date:||September onwards|
|Start date:||January 2018|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In collaboration with Moroto District Education Office, build capacity of local government and schools to create an inclusive education environment where children, especially girls, can attend, stay in school longer and receive quality education
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/Social work, Community development, Gender studies, special education , primary education or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community development
- Knowledge and understanding of gender and inclusive education globally and in Ugandan context
- Facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- High-level communication skills, including engaging and informative public speaking
- Ability to interact skilfully with diverse rural groups of people
- Planning, organizational and management skills
*Please note that this post is only open to Irish Citizens
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application