Volunteer role: Community Development Specialist – Education Programmes
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Mar 2019|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In this unique volunteer opportunity as Community Development Specialist, you will, in collaboration with District Education Office, build capacity of local government and schools to create an inclusive education environment where children, especially girls, can attend, stay in school longer and receive quality education
Skills, qualifications and experience
• - Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/Social work, Community development, Gender studies, special education , primary education or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community development
- Knowledge and understanding of gender and inclusive education globally and in Ugandan context
- Facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
Please note that this is a generic advert. You can complete a general application form now so we have your details. As soon as a job becomes available, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application