Volunteer role: Capacity Building Advisor – Education Programmes
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Mar 2019|
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In this unique volunteer opportunity as Capacity Building Advisor, you will be working to create secure, conducive learning environments for marginalized1 adolescent girls, with schools, teachers, parents and communities more actively engaged in helping girls to excel and committed to supporting girls’ education through addressing the socioeconomic barriers that prevent adolescent girls from achieving learning outcomes and transitioning through key education milestones and beyond. The project aims to address are:
• From primary to lower secondary education
• From lower-secondary to upper secondary education
• Into education for out-of-school girls
• Into vocational training, further education or sustainable livelihood for older Out-Of-School (OOS)girls and girls leaving school
Underpinning all the educational transition points above, the project will also support transition from adolescence to adulthood for the girls from a SRH perspective, boosting girls’ self-worth so they do not only see themselves (or are seen) as wives or mothers and recognise that they have a choice when it comes to deciding when to get married, have children and how they would choose to plan their futures.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• At least 5 years of experience in capacity building of institutions and community mobilisation and engagement
• advanced understanding of a wide range of capacity building approaches, best practices and lessons learned
• Experience in designing and conducting technical and financial capacity needs assessments of individuals and institutions; Skills in developing and using technical and financial capacity assessment instruments, and adult learning methodologies
• Demonstrated experience in developing competency based training packages;
• Experience in measuring capacity building achievements
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships across multiple levels internally and externally
• Ability to work effectively across teams with inter cultural and inter disciplinary sensitivity;
• Good communication skills - listening, oral and written
• All applicants must possess strong written and spoken English language skills. Applicants may be required to take a VSO language test as part of the selection process.
Please note that this is a generic advert. You can complete a general application form now so we have your details. As soon as a job becomes available, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application