Volunteer role: Agri-Business and marketing adviser
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Partner organisation:||Various VSO Cambodia Partners (Cambodia)|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Oct 2017|
|Interview date:||On rolling basis|
|Start date:||1 March 2017|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Contributing to VSO’s ‘Improving Market Access for the Poor’ project (IMA4P) - The business and marketing Adviser will support the implementation of IMA4P project, including project expansion to new areas. S/he will be in charge market facilitation activities, with support from the other IMA4P project advisers. The Adviser will also support the other advisers with their tasks (support to cooperatives). All project Advisers work together as one team and respond to the project manager.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in business management and marketing
• Experience working in agriculture business development
• Experience in business planning and enterprise development
• Report writing, monitoring and evaluation
• Experience in designing and conducting training courses
• Excellent facilitation skills and experience in organizing/facilitating multi-stakeholder workshops
• Commitment to team work, coaching, and mentoring others.
• All applicants must possess strong written and spoken English language skills. Applicants may be required to take a VSO language test as part of the selection process.
• Experience in food security/livestock (desirable)
• Understanding about business development in a least developed country context.
• Understanding about participatory market system development (PMSD)
• Understanding socio-economic issues, especially relating to Cambodia agriculture and economy development
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency (USD). The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
In-country monthly allowance of 385 USD
Home country monthly allowance of approximately 175 USD (depending on exchange rate) paid in currency of home country .
Accommodation cost paid by VSO up to a maximum of $250 - rental contract by VSO)
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in business, management and IT
Business and management professionals needed to support the development of sustainable businesses and livelihoods.