|Type of role|
|Partner organisation||VSO International|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||To be Confirmed|
|Start date||Soonest Possible|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Federal and Governance expert will assist in democratic local planning budgeting and planning, conflict transformation mainstreaming and supporting the communities and government on electoral systems.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will have;
1. Relevant university degree with knowledge of governance issue, policy analysis and project management
2. Experience in democratic local planning processes and experience in mainstreaming pro-democratic processes, gender sensitization, working in countries that have deep democracy.
3. Experience in conflict transformation, and mainstreaming, do-no-harm approaches in, federal systems, gendered budgeting and experience in planning, and supporting the communities and government on electoral systems.
4. Good, clear communication skills; Good facilitation skills
5. Resourcefulness and ability to solve problems
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Your application and COVID-19
We are continually reviewing our ability to safely programme and implement projects during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many local restrictions are being implemented in several VSO locations, which impacts VSO’s existing programme delivery.
We will continue to follow the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national governments to protect the wellbeing and safety of all communities, employees and volunteers.
We’re continuing to build a talent pool of prospective professional volunteers so we can get back to supporting communities as soon as we’re able to.
If your application is shortlisted, a VSO hiring manager will be in touch to discuss the next steps and any changes to your placement and role.
You can read VSO’s COVID-19 statement and frequently asked questions about volunteering during the COVID-19 pandemic here.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).