Trek Mount Kilimanjaro
Climb the highest freestanding mountain in the world! Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain on the African continent at 5896m.
Its snow-capped summit rises high above the dusty African plains; huge permanent glaciers flow down from the summit, spectacular views and beautiful ice formations are the reward for pushing your limits both physically and mentally.
Fundraising costs explained
Fundraising option - £499 Registration fee + £4800 Fundraising target
Part-payment option - £499 Registration fee + £3800 Fundraising target + £500 Tour cost
Full-payment option - £499 Registration fee + £2150 Tour cost + £250 Airline taxes (Fundraise however much you would like for VSO)
When is it?
- 7 Feb 2020 - 16 Feb 2020
- 28 Aug 2020 - 6 Sep 2020
- 26 Dec 2020 - 4 Jan 2021
- 5 Feb 2021 - 14 Feb 2021
- 20 Aug 2021 - 29 Aug 2021
- 24 Sep 2021 - 3 Oct 2021
- 26 Dec 2021 - 4 Jan 2022
- All transport from London to Moshi return
- All meals except where specified, accommodation and camping equipment
- Discover Adventure leaders; doctor with group of 12 or more participants; local guides, porters and cooks
- Back-up equipment
- Entry permit to National Park
- Any meals specified 'not included' in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending money, souvenirs and drinks
- Tips for the local guides and support crew
- Inbound airport departure tax (no tax applied at the time of writing)
- Fees for any optional sites, attractions or activities
- Airline taxes: we cap these so that £250.00 is the maximum you will pay
- Any applicable charges as per Terms and Conditions
This trek is designed to be challenging for those in good health, and is achievable for most people provided they train in advance. The trek provider will support you with a thorough training guide when you have registered.
In return for your dedication and commitment to this challenge, VSO will be there to support you every step of the way during your preparations.
What support will I receive?
In return for your dedication and commitment to this Trek, VSO will be there to support you every step of the way during your preparations.
VSO participants receive:
- a VSO fundraising pack
- a VSO t-shirt
- a dedicated and experienced VSO fundraiser who will offer continued support and advice - to help you reach your target and prepare for the challenge.
- access to downloadable fundraising materials
You’ll be trekking for an amazing cause: for a world without poverty.
Our volunteers work in 23 countries to help people live healthy, dignified lives. Some of our volunteers include teachers, doctors, business experts, nurses... the list goes on.
These volunteers share skills where it's needed the most, in the world's poorest and most marginalised communities.
£4800 could pay for 3 Patient Monitor Machines. This machine supports newborn babies, keeping babies safe in hospitals that are short staffed by measuring heartbeat, respiration and glucose levels.
Great Wall of China TrekChina
Wind your way around the spectacular Great Wall of China on this once-in-a-lifetime trek.
National Three Peaks Challenge
Take on one of Britain's toughest challenges, climbing three summits around the UK within 24 hours.