Skip to main content
Image credit toggle
@WilliamPott

National Three Peaks Challenge


UK

Cost: £75 Target: £775

With the aim to summit the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales within 24 hours this trek is both unrelenting and exhilarating in nature.

The challenge begins in Scotland where you will trek up Ben Nevis (1,344m) before beginning your ascent on England’s Scafell Pike (978m) at night. The trek will finish having taken in the dizzying sights at the top of the infamous Snowdon peak (1,085m) in Wales. Expertly led by our trek partner Charity Challenge, you will be taking on one of the UK's toughest challenges.

Stunning views from Snowdon, the third and final peak

Please find further information and an itinerary here

Places for this epic adventure are limited, so if you are interested in taking part, register your interest today

What support will I receive?

The VSO fundraising pack VSO | David McClenaghan

In return for your dedication and commitment to this trek, VSO will be there to support you every step of the way during your preparations. All VSO participants will receive:

  • a VSO fundraising pack
  • a VSO t-shirt
  • training advice
  • a dedicated and experienced VSO fundraiser who will offer continued support and advice

Due to the nature of this 26 mile trek, a good level of fitness is required as well as steely determination! Over the course of 24 hours you will ascend heights of almost 3,000m, so it is vital that you are well-prepared. However, in reward for your hard work, you will take in some stunning views and you will feel a huge personal satisfaction upon completion – priceless!

Sign up now

Fundraising costs explained

There are 2 options to choose from:

SELF FUNDER
Pay a registration fee of £75.00 when you book.
Then a balance of £380.00 (5 weeks before your challenge).
Raise as much as you can for your nominated charity.

The full cost of this challenge is £455.00. You will be required to pay the registration fee of £75.00 at the time of booking and the final balance of £380.00 which is due 5 weeks before departure. You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise as much as you can for your nominated charity. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by your nominated charity.

MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP
Registration fee of £75.00 when you book.
Raise a minimum of £775.00 for your nominated charity.

You will be required to pay the registration fee of £75.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £775.00 for your nominated charity. You should send your sponsorship money to your nominated charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£620.00) must be sent to the charity 7 weeks before departure, and the remaining 20% (£155.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge. If you have raised the necessary funds, your nominated charity will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

With our experience and your enthusiasm we know that the target is achievable! Visit our fundraising toolkit for hints and tips on reaching your target quickly. 


Why VSO?

Last year our work in Africa, Asia and the Pacific benefited more than 2.4 million of the world’s poorest people.

Unlike many aid organisations, we only work with partners that understand the local issues and match them with professional volunteers who share their skills, knowledge and expertise to improve lives and eliminate poverty.

Last year, for example, we trained over 78,000 education professionals to help their pupils get a better education and future employment. This way, we make sure our impact is felt across generations.

Find out more about our work 


Fitness Level

This trek is designed to be challenging for those of good health and fitness, and is achievable for most people provided they train well in advance. The trek provider will support you with a thorough training guide when you have registered.

You can sign up direct with our trek partner, Charity Challenge, or for more information call us on: 020 8780 7500 or email: events@vsoint.org

Related events