Great Wall of China Trek
Stretching 6000km in a dotted line across China, the Great Wall was begun in the 5th Century BC. As it snakes across the mountains it conjures up a sense of history which is difficult to grasp until you have had the opportunity to experience it. The trek is very varied, as you pass through woodland and terraced farmland, and follow the contours of the beautiful hills and mountains in remote areas north of Beijing. You follow old sections of the Great Wall, as well as restored sections with smooth flagstones and lots of steps!
Rated: 5* “The Great Wall of China Trek is one of, if not, the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life. The trek pushed me to such extreme limits, made me realise what I am capable of, taught me many things about myself, gave me such amazing cultural insight and memories to treasure forever.
Jess, June 2017
What support will I receive?
In return for your dedication and commitment to this Trek, VSO will be there to support you every step of the way during your w
VSO participants receive:
- a VSO fundraising pack
- a VSO t-shirt
- a dedicated and experienced VSO fundraiser who will offer continued support and advice - to help you reach your target and prepare for the challenge
VSO works for a world without poverty, where no one is left behind. Unlike many aid organisations, we only work with partners that understand the local issues and match them with professional volunteers who share their skills, knowledge and expertise to improve lives and eliminate poverty. Last year, VSO worked with thousands of volunteers and partners to support over 1.5 million of the poorest people in 24 countries across Africa and Asia. Read more about our work here.
Fundraising costs explained
Fundraising option - £299 Registration fee + £3200 Fundraising target
Part-payment option - £299 Registration fee + £2200 Fundraising target + £500 Tour cost
Full-payment option - £299 Registration fee + £1,375 Tour cost + £225 Airline taxes (Fundraise however much you would like for VSO)
- All return transport from London to Beijing
- All meals except where specified, and accommodation
- Discover Adventure leaders; doctor with a group of over 15 participants; local guides & cooks
- Local support and back-up equipment
- Tour of Forbidden City on free day and entry to any other sites included in itinerary
- Any meals specified 'not included' in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- China entry visa (approximately £150 - £200 as of September 2018)
- Personal spending money, souvenirs and drinks
- Tips for the local guides and support crew
- Inbound airport departure tax (no tax applied at the time of writing)
- Fees for any optional sites, attractions or activities
- Airline taxes: we cap these so that £250.00 is the maximum you will pay
- Any applicable surcharges as per Terms and Conditions
This is designed to be a challenge, and it is vital that you train sufficiently for it. We will supply you with a thorough training guide once you have registered. This challenge attracts people of all levels of experience, fitness and ability as well as all ages and backgrounds. We design our challenges so that everyone can go at their own pace: this is not a race. If you have concerns about your fitness or if you have reduced mobility please do contact us for a confidential chat about whether this challenge is appropriate for you.
Sign up above or for more information call us on: 020 8780 7500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trek Mount Kilimanjaro
Join us as we Trek the highest freestanding mountain in the world the majestic and mighty Kilimanjaro!
National Three Peaks Challenge
Be prepared to tackle one of Britain’s toughest challenges head-on in this exciting and physically demanding trek.