Our Promise to you
It is only because of you that some of the world’s poorest people are able to fight their way out of poverty. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to do the work we do. It’s so important to us that you feel completely confident and comfortable in supporting VSO, and that’s why we make this promise to you.
We will always treat your personal information with the strictest confidence
- Your data is safe with us. The personal information that you share with us will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and sensitivity. We strictly adhere to the Data Protection Act (1998).
- We will never share, sell or swap your information with any other third parties for their own use in contacting you about their cause, product or services, including other charities
- From time to time we may ask external suppliers to contact you on our behalf, simply because our team is small. Our suppliers are also supporters of VSO, and work to the strict guidelines we set. We work closely with our suppliers, monitor them closely, and take all complaints seriously.
We will be transparent with how your donations are spent
- We value every gift that you give, and will always put it straight to work as quickly as we can.
- Last year, 87p of every £1 you gave went directly towards fighting poverty worldwide.
- The remaining 13p was spent on the day-to-day running of the charity and raising the next £1 so that we can help even more people this year.
- You can read much more about how VSO raised and spent your generous donations in 2015/16 in our Global Annual Review 2016.
You will always be in control of your support
- We’ll share stories of how your support is helping some of the world’s poorest people. We will only contact you in the ways that you would like us to. You will always be in control of your support, and we will always respect your privacy and personal preferences.
- You can change the way you hear from us by contacting our Supporter Care team.
We set ourselves the highest standards of fundraising, and we are continually improving our fundraising practices to put you first
- We are proud members of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB), and the Institute of Fundraising, actively following their codes of fundraising conduct.
We always put our supporters first, and we take supporter feedback very seriously. Please do contact us if you have any feedback.
We are always looking to hear more from our supporters about how we can improve what we do. You can get in touch with our Supporter Care team on 020 8780 7500, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, or by email at email@example.com.