Our theory of change
VSO’s Theory of Change explains how we make a distinct difference to poor communities and ensure our contribution is a lasting one.
We know that volunteering is a practical way to tackle poverty and inequality:
- Our international volunteers transfer knowledge and experience not locally available
- Our national volunteers use their skills and cultural understanding to make a local impact
We also create specific opportunities for young people and those with origins in developing nations but who now live elsewhere in the world (diaspora communities).
VSO has a crucial role tackling poverty, by:
- Mobilising volunteers and volunteering initiatives
- Creating the policies and legislative environment for volunteering
- Supporting the development of national volunteering infrastructure
Find out more about our theory of change, our value chain, and VSO's distinct role: Global Theory of Change [PDF]