VfD Project Officer
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Salary:||Annual Gross Salary MMK 20,800,000 with pension, medical benefits, 37 days leave including public holidays|
|Full Time:||38 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||28 Jan 2020|
|Start date:||April 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Since 2013 VSO in Myanmar has been successfully working with state and non-state partners in the fields of Inclusive Education, Health, Gender and Equality. We work with the most disadvantaged communities, and draw on our unique competencies in different forms of volunteerism. It is an exciting time to join VSO in Myanmar, enabling us to deliver high quality programming and achieve an exciting and ambitious phase of expansion, building on our successful and highly-regarded programmes to make even greater impact to the lives of poor people in Myanmar.
To Provide Strategic Leadership, Technical Support and overall management of Volunteering for Development (VfD) initiatives in Myanmar with a focus of promoting responsible and impactful volunteering for development.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Qualifications in Degree (any degree)
• Experience working with and managing volunteers.
• At least a working knowledge of the Myanmar context in peacebuilding, social justice and resilience;
• Proven ability to engage with a range of stakeholders including government, CSOs, networks and primary actors
• Clear commitment to championing the voices of volunteers.
• Proven experience in programme design and management and evaluation.
• Strong project management skills and ability to apply various tools for effective planning, resourcing, implementation and review of project.
• Proven track record of securing project funding
• Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for project management.
• Experience of financial management of budgets, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure.
• Experience of managing complex partnership relations, including multiple consortia/alliance relationships.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audience to inform, motivate and inspire.
• Representation skills with substantial experience of networking.
• Ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation and mange volunteers from all diverse range of background t
• Able to adapt to new and demanding situations.
• Ability to analyse, grasp fundamentals of an issue, finding innovative ways to solve or pre-empt problems.
• Strong ICT skills.
• Able to travel and work long hours if necessary both within the country and occasionally internationally.
• Experience in volunteering and managing large number of volunteers in Myanmar.
• Fluency in Myanmar and English language
VSO promotes equal opportunities, values inclusion and seek to have a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and disability.
We have zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application