|Type of role||Agriculture and natural resources|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||July 5, 2021|
|Start date||August 15, 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
The Technical Lead will be responsible for coordinating all agriculture-based activities for the USAID-funded Youth Empowerment for Social Cohesion (YESC) project, focusing on increasing women and youth participation in the governance and leadership in their community towards reducing conflict and ensuring youth-led social cohesion.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Qualification and experiences:
• 10 years of increasingly senior technical and leadership and management experience, including in entrepreneurship.
• Bachelor/Master’s in in Agriculture or Agribusiness
• Working experience in empowering women within agricultural value chains will be an advantage.
• Project management and implementation experiences, including private sector partnerships.
• Excellent team working and relationship building skills; the experience of working collaboratively and of building partnerships in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Internet).
• Understanding of the role of international development, more specifically volunteering in Country.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).