|Type of role||Communications and fundraising|
|Contract type||Consultant Agreement|
|Contract length||22 Days for completion by 30 April 2021.|
|Application Closing Date|
|Start date||15 March 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia with travel to Battambang Province.
22 Days for completion by 30 April 2021.
The scope is divided into 4 components:
• Component 1: VSO Tools and Guides for Women Economic Empowerment in the Resilient Livelihoods Practice Area. The Consultant will work with the VSO Officers in Cambodia and the Global Team to analyse and, where necessary, recommend upgrades or propose new tools and guidelines to strengthen the WEE component.
• Component 2: Train staff, volunteers, and partners on GMM and PUC tools. We see this happening with the support of VSOC in Phnom Penh in a face to face training workshop following all national protocols and VSO guidelines in place for preventing the spread of the Coronavirus.
• Component 3: Production of 2 GMMs and 4-6 UPC Analysis. This is the practical field application of the tools with the consultant leading the process but with opportunities for trainees to develop and refine their classroom taught skills.
• Component 4: Workshop with VSOC and Partners with an online option for the VSO Global Team and extended Resilient Livelihoods Community of Practice.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The consultant/firm shall have the following expertise and qualification:
• A University degree in livelihoods, social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field,
• Clear Understanding and knowledge of current thinking, policies, and practices in women’s economic empowerment,
• 10 years’ experience and demonstrated results in WEE analysis, intervention design and implementation including unpaid care, gender market analysis, access to finance and resilience,
• Demonstrated experience in development of at least 4 training materials and delivery of at least 4 training sessions to a broad cross-section of participants
• Excellent communication and social skills, the ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience also with the use of PRA tools and approaches.
• Excellent writing, documentation, and presentational skills.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
This is a national hire post under national terms and conditions. RIGHT TO WORK IN CAMBODIA IS REQUIRED. We will not be able to obtain visa and work permit to non-Cambodian nationals. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).