|Type of role|
|Salary||Annual Gross Salary MMK 35,100,000 with pension, medical benefits, 37 days leave including public holidays|
|Full Time||37 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Since 2013 VSO in Myanmar has been successfully working with state and non-state partners in the fields of Inclusive Education, Health, Gender and Equality. We work with the most disadvantaged communities, and draw on our unique competencies in different forms of volunteerism. It is an exciting time to join VSO in Myanmar, enabling us to deliver high quality programming and achieve an exciting and ambitious phase of expansion, building on our successful and highly-regarded programmes to make even greater impact to the lives of poor people in Myanmar.
To Provide Strategic Leadership and Technical advice on Social Cohesion Programme portfolio in Myanmar to contribute to building safe, peaceful and resilience community. Take lead in working with social cohesion networks and explore viable consortium to position VSO wider engagements and VfD leadership in social cohesion.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Experiences and knowledge in social accountability, resilience and gender and inclusion work is an added value
• Experience working in fragile states with most vulnerable women, youth and people with disability specifically in promoting inclusion, resilience, peaceful co-existence and tolerance, social integration and justice
• Proven ability to engage with a range of stakeholders including government, CSOs, networks and primary actors
• Evidence of understanding of donor platforms in Myanmar, donor engagements and track record of securing funding to support peace related work.
• Experience of financial management of budgets, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure.
• Experience of managing complex partnership relations, including multiple consortia/alliance relationships.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audience to inform, motivate and inspire.
• Experience in social cohesion, peacebuilding, resilience and tolerance building role in Myanmar.
• Experience of working with a development agency that works through volunteers and volunteering as an approach to development.
Right to work in Myanmar is required. VSO will not be able to provide for visa and work permit.
VSO promotes equal opportunities, values inclusion and seek to have a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and disability.
We have zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).