|Type of role||Communications and fundraising|
|Salary||£38,063 per annum|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||W/c 4/10/2021|
|Start date||1st November 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Do you care about creating a fair world for people in the world’s poorest countries? At VSO we believe in a fair world for everyone: Creating lasting change through volunteering.
If you’re a passionate fundraiser, then VSO is somewhere you can shape fundraising strategy and plans within an ambitious, friendly and inspiring culture.
The Senior Direct Marketing Officer (Acquisition) role is an opportunity to contribute to the strategic development of the acquisition programme at VSO. VSO is at a crucial point in its acquisition strategy, we have an ambitious plan to increase supporter acquisition. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and managing all aspects of direct marketing campaigns, testing and learning for the greatest return.
The Senior Officer will apply their experience in individual giving and passion for international development to explore innovative ways to seek out new audiences and convert them into long-term supporters. The Supporter Engagement team have developed a new and powerful case for support and the successful candidate will play a leading role in applying and leveraging it to raise unrestricted income.
We are looking for someone with significant experience of project managing digital supporter acquisition which inspires new donors to want to change the world for the better. You should have demonstratable experience of managing relationships and using your excellent communication skills to drive projects forward to completion on time and on budget.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The Senior Direct Marketing Officer (Acquisition) will contribute to the development and delivery of an exciting supporter acquisition programme and develop a new case for support across digital channels.
• Significant experience in a direct fundraising or marketing role
• Substantial experience managing direct marketing campaigns to drive income
• Experience of project management across multiple stakeholders and multiple acquisition campaigns
• Experience of managing relationships with external agencies and suppliers
• Experience of setting up and managing digital marketing campaigns (e.g. Facebook Ad manager/GoogleAds)
• Excellent communicator used to working with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Highly numerate with excellent IT skills including Microsoft suite
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of reporting and using insight to drive decision making
• Knowledge of creative development processes and production processes for on-line/off-line communications
• Understanding of supporter motivations and fundraising techniques to maximise giving
• Demonstrate commitment to VSO’s mission
• Experience in digital best practice including creating/briefing landing pages and emails optimised to convert
• Fundraising or marketing qualification such as IDM or IoF Diploma
• Knowledge of media buying
• Knowledge of CMS tools and capabilities
• Knowledge of CRM databases and working with Data & Insight teams to understand and use audience data
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description linked below for more information.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Supporter Engagement Officer to contribute to the development and delivery of a rich donor acquisition programme, helping us understand and attract new, committed supporters who are inspired by VSO’s work.
In return we offer a range of benefits:
* A friendly and supportive office environment
* Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Competitive pension with Scottish Widows (matched at 5%)
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Lockers and shower facilities
* Professional development
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme offering free, confidential support and guidance on a wide range of topics from money matters to legal issues, as well as counselling and a helpline.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).