|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Manage a team to provide HR Business partnering, safeguarding, duty of care and resourcing support services to AYSRHR project through implementation of HR policies, systems, processes, and tools to enable a blended project team to deliver the project successfully in alignment to VSO volunteering for development (VfD) approach, ensure compliance to VSO policies, quality assurance standards, donor requirements and local legislation, and contribute to the achievement of project objectives, VSO’s vision and mission.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Qualification in Human Resources Management/ Human Resource Development / Organization Development
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• At least 7 years of professional experience in HR including resourcing experience with 2 years in management level with good understanding of relevant local HR legislation.
• Experience of providing HR services to a large multi-cultural project team with familiarity of donor requirements and reporting on people and safeguarding issues preferably UN funded grant.
• Experience in managing complaints, duty of care, safeguarding incidents a to the highest international standards including conducting investigation and disciplinary management.
• Experience of using HRIS with good knowledge of GDPR.
• Understanding of volunteering for development approach with commitment and demonstrable ability to apply people-first principles, social inclusion and gender, resilience and accountability, effective partnership, duty of care and global volunteer standards in practices, practical experience of volunteering for development and or working with volunteering sector will be an advantage.
• Good leadership, people management, engagement, and collaboration with ability to work in multi-cultural project team in a network way of working in a global organisation.
• Skills in coaching, mentoring, facilitations and learning and development for project team.
• Good IT literacy (Microsoft, Zoom, project management, people management software).
• Good verbal and written communications in English and local languages.
Desired selection criteria
• Knowledge and certification in project management (PMD Pro)
• travel including work away from the home base for upto 20% of time, including remote areas within the country and occasionally internationally.
Commitment to VSO’s vision, mission, values, code of conduct, and VfD approach.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Please note that this advert is for a role we are expecting to become available in the near future once we have secured funding for the project. If you are interested in this, or similar positions, please express your interest by clicking on the ‘make an application’ button below.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).