Project Officer - DRR
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Salary:||Annual Gross Salary MMK 20,800,000 with pension, medical benefits, 37 days leave including public holidays|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Full Time:||38 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||28 Jan 2020|
|Start date:||April 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Since 2013 VSO in Myanmar has been successfully working with state and non-state partners in the fields of Inclusive Education, Health, Gender and Equality. We work with the most disadvantaged communities, and draw on our unique competencies in different forms of volunteerism. It is an exciting time to join VSO in Myanmar, enabling us to deliver high quality programming and achieve an exciting and ambitious phase of expansion, building on our successful and highly-regarded programmes to make even greater impact to the lives of poor people in Myanmar.
To manage a Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience initiatives in Myanmar working in close collaboration with Education and Social Cohesion Team to build the resilience of people living in disaster prone areas.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience and success in planning and managing disaster risk reduction and resilience programmes
• Minimum 3 years in project management with an international organisation
• Experience working with government and diverse stakeholders in resilience, DRRM and climate change adaptation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to tailor messages to different audiences
• Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence with staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
• Experience of managing project team members/volunteers in an inspiring way.
Organisation and planning
• Effective coordination and excellent time management skills.
• Experience of successfully monitoring and managing budgets.
Analysis and creative problem-solving
• Ability to analyse and proactively identify issues.
• Ability to manage a project in a climate of change, recognising and accommodating uncertainty and opportunities.
• Experience in leading DRRR Projects in Myanmar.
VSO promotes equal opportunities, values inclusion and seek to have a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and disability.
We have zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application