|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Benshangul Gumuz Region, Metekel Zone, Gilgel Beles Town, Ethiopia|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Full Time:||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||21 Aug 2019|
|Interview date:||To be confirmed|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
To coordinate and follow up the smooth implementation of the project on a day-to-day basis to contribute to the delivery of the project at the quality and outcome desired and as per the time and budget specifications.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
The ideal applicant should have
• First degree in Education
• At least 5 years’ experience in inclusive education project management
• Proven knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation and report writing;
• Adequate experience in organizing and facilitating awareness raising sessions and trainings;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written, and verbal communication
• Satisfactory knowledge of the local context of the project implementation area, i.e. Benshgul Gumuz, Metekel Zone;
• Knowledge of the major languages of the target area (Amharic, Gumuz, Shinasha)
• Willingness to work in emergency situations including weekends and holidays when required
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and able to interact with people at all levels of the organisation
• Commitment to VSO’s work and values
• Experience of working with NGO is desirable
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application