|Type of role|
|Salary||USD 42,000 per annum|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Contract length||24 months|
|Full Time||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone.
At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments.
Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
The role holder will lead all aspects of project management, compliance, quality assurance and delivery of project results, in line with the project implementation plans, budgets and VSO’s volunteering for development (V4D) approach.
Skills, qualifications and experience
We are looking for an exceptional projects leader. Someone who is goal oriented, highly motivated, and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher level. A person with a positive, can-do attitude and is aligned to VSO values:
• Empower poor and marginalised people to take charge of their own development
• Share skills and knowledge to create long lasting, sustainable change
• Build collaborative partnerships that promote innovation, growth and impact
• Lead volunteering for development, setting the standard for ourselves and others
• Use evidence and insight to guide our actions
• Recruit the right people and work where we have the greatest impact
• Stand beside and advocate for those who have been denied choice and opportunity
• Promote diversity and equality throughout our work
• Encourage different, inquisitive perspectives
• Commit to safeguarding and take a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm
• Treat others with respect, as equals
• Be open, transparent and accountable in everything we do
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
This is a national hire post under national terms and conditions. THE RIGHT TO WORK IN CAMBODIA IS ESSENTIAL.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).