|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||01 Vacancy on Cox's Bazar Rohingya Refugee Camp, Bangladesh|
|Salary:||Competitive salary with all other benefits as per VSO policy|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Contract length:||04 Months|
|Full Time:||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||17 Oct 2018|
|Interview date:||To be announced.|
|Start date:||As Soon as Possible.|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To coordinate the implementation of Education in the Emergency Project through partner organization and support Project Manager (PM) implementing this project and further scale up.
• Coordinate the implementation of the Education in an Emergency project to support and extend young children learning progress and share information to using teaching learning material into the classroom and also ensure materials quality and availability.
• Ensure effective involvement of implementation partner organization in three project action, implementation and always sound to emergency perception on the base of the project.
• Proactively support the project manager and long-term volunteers to prepare an action plan and implement the project with the consultation of the partner organization.
• Ensure effective design, implementation, and refinement of monitoring systems and evaluation systems and procedures used to track progress and achievements against planned project outputs/outcomes.
• To create ownership of partner staff & management about quality project implementation and success. Ensure that the project is safe and do ‘no’ harm by ensuring safeguarding including child protection.
Communication and Networking:
• Frequently visiting the camp and coordinate with the field-level organization for harmonizing action in the camp.
• Get the update and collect all relevant information from all sector & all GO & NGOs and take necessary actions as needed in coordination with a project manager.
• Participate and represent VSO training, workshop, and meeting in Cox’s Bazar and another place.
• Coordinate and liaise with government and other stakeholders for the implementation of the project.
• Work closely with Project Coordinator from the partner organization in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project as per plan. Provide technical support to partner staff as needed in project implementation
• Arrange regular reflection sessions with the partner organization and also share with VSO line manager and management.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to volunteers so that they feel confident.
• Provide safeguarding to volunteers including managing volunteers medical, security and emergency issues inbox's Bazar in coordination with respective focal points from the country office.
• A Continuously engage with volunteers for the development and technical support delivery into the Project.
• Support PNGO to spend the project budget as per the implementation plan with quality.
• Assist project Focal Person/Accounts personnel in monthly and quarterly accounts to report preparation
• Ensure transparency in financial dealing
• Check each and every bill and voucher for project expenditure from office to field level
• Support PM in control project budget and ensure the cost-effective approach
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Monitor and evaluate project activities in the camp and provide feedback for required action per the M&E plan
• Provide analytical feedback on weekly activity plan and report of the team
• Prepare monthly and quarterly progress report and submit the P of VSO at timely manners
• Assist volunteer and partner staff to Prepare case studies, special studies, FGD with project stakeholders
• Document all process and project success including the collection and documentation of evidence of the impact.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Excellent Basic Non-Formal Education project implementation skills; basic knowledge of developing log frames, Develop Education Materials, Training Manual, Curriculum and excellent facilitation into training.
• Rapport building with project implementation sector and actor
• Excellent knowledge & experience on Non-formal Education under PDP III and emergency education implementation process in an emergency context.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and project stakeholders.
Documentation and Reporting:
• Skills and experience to collect document and strong preservation method and proper use and also presentation.
• Skills in report writing, recording, and review.
Collaboration and Communication Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Prefer to understand Rohyinga local communication language.
• Maintain relationship with line manager, VSO management, implementation partner, stakeholder and beneficiaries and also GO, NGOs, UN agencies s.
Problem-solving and decision-making skills:
• Identify field problems and share with the project team to solve the problems.
• Provide appropriate decisions into the project team about field operation purpose.
Adaptability and Flexibility:
• To adapt to the working area environment and stakeholder culture
• To be flexible to do any emergency action and activity within long distance and short-term notice.
• Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Internet).
• Able to travel in long distance as project deliver demand on a daily basis or weekly basis.
• Comfortable to use local transportation without risk-free if emergency needed.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience on Basic Non-formal Education project implementation and partner management.
• Master’s in Education and related discipline from recognized institutions.
Starting date of this Job is as soon as possible and will continue until February 2019 with the possibility of extension.
VSO promotes equal opportunities, values inclusion and seeking to have a diverse workforce.
We have zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Due to a high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Female with required qualifications are highly encouraged to apply***
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application