|Type of role||Teaching and education|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Contract length||18 months|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Programme Manager will manage the strategic implementation, development, and successful delivery of the Unlocking Talent Project in close collaboration with Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MoEST). He/she will also lead and provide day-to-day technical and managerial guidance and oversight to UT project implementation and program monitoring, ensuring quality and timeliness of all activities. In addition, he/she will provide support in Project Impact Research and Action Based Research in the UT Project.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A Master’s degree or higher in Education, Project management, International development, or similar field.
• Additional training in management, leadership, and strategic planning is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in implementing, leading, and managing development programs and projects is required.
• Prior experience as a Project Manager/Programme Manager or equivalent.
• Extensive experience in building and maintaining effective partnerships and leveraging resources with development stakeholders.
• Technical expertise in Education delivery in Africa with specific experience in blended learning.
• Supervisory experience over multicultural teams of similar scope and size.
• Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools
• Proven experience of securing external funding and grants, including proposal and report writing.
• Good understanding of donor and contract management.
This position is open to Nationals only.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).