|Type of role|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Contract length||12 months|
|Full Time||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||15-19 March 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Provide business partnering and high-quality people support services to Education projects for VSO in Cambodia throughout the programme cycle to enable VSO people (employee and volunteers) to deliver the project successfully strengthening project delivery through VSO volunteering for development unique approach contributing to a fair world for everyone.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Good people management, people development and people engagement skills - Ability to lead, engage and develop others with skills in coaching, mentoring, facilitation, training, and accompaniment.
• Provide guidance and support for a project set-up on risk assessment, partner assessment, recruitment planning ensuring a safe, timely and quality recruitment and selection process and talent acquisition for the project team.
• Experience of resourcing and HRM/ HR business in a multi-cultural project team environment in a global organisation setting.
• Experience in organisation development, promoting organisation culture, induction management, learning and development, leadership development and people capacity building.
• Experience in managing complaints, duty of care, safeguarding incidents a to the highest international standards including conducting investigation and disciplinary management.
• Remote working experience and ability to support a diverse remote working team.
• Able to travel including work away from the home base both within the country and occasionally internationally in a remote area.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
This is a national hire post under national terms and conditions. RIGHT TO WORK IN CAMBODIA IS REQUIRED. We will not be able to obtain visa and work permit to non-Cambodian nationals.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).