M&E and Research Coordinator
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Salary:||11,354 USD - 13,000 USD per annum plus other benefits|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Contract length:||2 years|
|Full Time:||40 hours per week|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
M&E and Research Coordinator will be mainly responsible for the coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, and learning framework of the project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the project. He/she will also provide technical assistance and strengthen capacity of the project staff/volunteers in relation to monitoring, reporting, data collection and analysis, data quality check and capturing success/impact stories of the project. He/she will also be the focal point for visibility and communication of project results. His/er responsibility is also expected to provide technical assistance and facilitation in Action research and SEGA research processes.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Bachelor degree in education, social sciences, or relevant subject. Higher-level degree or additional post-graduate diploma in Research / M&E related subject is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a similar role – conducting research, managing data, analysing and synthesizing complex information.
• Advanced understanding of research, monitoring and evaluation approaches and methodologies.
• Experienced in planning/designing/ carrying out high-quality evaluation/research studies.
• Experience in state sub-national education system and/or capacity development is desirable
Skills and Abilities
• Good communications skills, able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner.
• Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, experience working effectively with people in different contexts, and influencing and engaging internal and external stakeholders.
• Possession of strong verbal communication skills in English and Khmer to work effectively and inclusively with colleagues, partners, key stakeholders, and project beneficiaries.
• Strong written communication skills needed for writing reports.
• Direct and substantial experience of working cross-culturally and able to communicate to a range of audiences and promote sharing and learning between cultures
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)( Essential)
• Skill in communications and visibility
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open-minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Note: This position is for Cambodian nationals only.
VSO has zero-tolerance for abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application