|Type of role||Communications and fundraising|
|Contract type||Consultant Agreement|
|Contract length||18 Days for completion by 31st March 2021.|
|Application Closing Date|
|Start date||2nd March 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia with travel to Battambang, Kampong Chnang, and Kampong Thom Province.
18 Days for completion by 31st March 2021.
• Contextualize/review/develop the labour market assessment tools. This includes understanding VSO’s approaches to the employment interventions.
• Identify key private and public stakeholders, and primary actors as part of this assessment. This also includes deciding the scope, and methodology.
• Conduct KII and FGD using the tools developed (contextualized) with identified correspondents.
• Analyse the findings and produce recommendation report focusing on opportunities, skills, and barriers.
• Conduct consultation workshop on the findings of the assessment.
• Finalize Report.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The consultant/firm shall have the following expertise and qualification:
• Proven expertise in market systems, particularly on agro-processing subsector.
• Adequate knowledge of business development, private sector engagements, and labor markets in the wider agricultural market systems.
• Familiarity with conducting KII and FGD with private sectors and public institutions particularly the TVET centers, and agro-enterprises.
• In-depth understanding the demand and supply sides including enterprise development, job creation, empowerment, employment, and employability.
• Hands-on experience delivering skill development initiatives in the newly emerged sector.
• Good understanding of women’s economic empowerment.
• Hands-on experience working with youth and women.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
This is a national hire post under national terms and conditions. RIGHT TO WORK IN CAMBODIA IS REQUIRED. We will not be able to obtain visa and work permit to non-Cambodian nationals. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).