ICS Project Director
|Location:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Salary:||Gross annual salary 23,800 USD plus other competitive benefits|
|Full Time:||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||24 Feb 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The ICS Project Director (IPD) is responsible for ensuring the smooth transition of the ICS project into a standalone structure and growth from 4 projects to 6 projects. This includes management of all project activities, recruitment of volunteers, recruitment of new staff and ensuring compliance across all finance and administrative tasks. In addition to inception activities, the IPD will manage the full Project Delivery Team ensuring the effective delivery of project outcomes, timely resourcing and training of volunteers and ensure quality and accurate financial reporting and ensuring project teams deliver activities within specified budget. The IPD is accountable for writing and submitting reports in a timely manner, being the main focal point for UK CMU, regional and global teams on youth programming.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, master’s degree preferred.
• At least 8 years’ professional experience of working with NGOs or donor agency with strong project management experience.
• A proven experience in leading a high performing team of staff and volunteers.
• Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools
• Experience of developing and implementing recruitment strategies in order to meet delivery targets
• Experience developing and working with both community-based and strategic partners to achieve shared goals.
• Experience in managing donor support, compliance and reporting (preparing compelling, high quality documentation and report (progress and budgets reports etc.)
• Experience of developing M&E frameworks and using monitoring and evaluation tools and processes
• Proven experience of working with and providing support to 18-25 year olds from a wide range of backgrounds with proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment.
• Experience managing volunteers, preferably youth volunteers and clear understanding of possible issues which could arise. Ability to manage volunteers effectively to maximize impact and volunteer learning.
• Proven ability to develop, monitor and manage budgets and oversee accounting procedures.
• Clear understanding of and ability to articulate the role of youth volunteering in development in particular in address issues of social exclusion for youth people and youth employment
• Knowledge of issues which are common to communities in developing countries, possibly achieved through working or living in a developing country.
• Experience of promoting learning about development issues.
• Possession of strong verbal communication to work effectively and inclusively with an overseas colleague. Strong written communication skills needed for writing reports.
• English and Khmer written and spoken language required.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application