ICS Project Coordinator
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||Kampong Thom or Kampong Chhnang, Cambodia|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Contract length:||8 months (Possible Extension )|
|Full Time:||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Nov 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
With experience working in an international development context, the ICS Project Coordinator will be responsible for successful project delivery, volunteer support, financial and budget management for an ICS project team. In addition to these, s/he will need to work with 2 volunteer Team Leaders to promote learning amongst the team, facilitate cross-cultural working and work effectively with host homes and partners. Whilst coordinating the work of other ICS the Project Coordinator will also be a focal point for decision making at local community level, supporting volunteers and team leaders and working closely with the partner organizations to build their capacity around ICS project delivery and volunteer management. S/he will be based out of Kampong Chhnang and Kampong Thom town and with some travel to provincial town when required. This is a fast-paced job which will require flexibility and adaptability, the ability to make decisions and solve problems. The incumbent should have a passion for working with and developing young people and building capacity of colleagues and partners.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Proven experience in delivering and reporting on projects to time and budget.
• Experience facilitating development projects at a local, community level.
• Experience of working with young people from diverse backgrounds and working with and providing support to 18-25 year olds from a wide range of backgrounds with proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment
• Proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment.
Planning and Organising
• Able to develop clear and realistic plans to deliver agreed objectives within deadlines, involving key individuals in the planning process.
• Direct experience of working with other cultures and nationalities and promote sharing and learning between cultures
Supervision and support
• Supervisory experience with good coaching skills.
Duty of care
• Experience of assessing potential safeguarding, security and health risks and putting in place mitigating actions.
• Strong skills in diplomacy and negotiation.
• Experience of communicating effectively with wide range of stakeholders.
• Possession of strong verbal communication to work effectively and inclusively with an overseas colleague. Strong written communication skills needed for writing reports.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.
Out of hours working
• The post holder will be required to hold the emergency phone outside of normal working hours.
Relevant field Experience
• At least 3-5 years’ experience working at community level facilitating youth development projects in a coordination or management role.
• Experience of budget management and financial reporting,.
• Sufficient experience of working with volunteers to understand the key factors which make volunteer placements viable, effective and rewarding.
• Knowledge of issues which are common to communities in Cambodia or in a similar context, possibly achieved through working or living in a developing country. Experience of promoting learning about development issues
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application