Education Program Manager
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Contract length:||One Year Renewable|
|Full Time:||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Nov 2019|
|Interview date:||1st week of December 2019|
|Start date:||13th of January 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
• Implements and develops a strategy that will enable VSO Mozambique to begin measuring the impact of their programs as per donor requirements and VSO Internal strategy
• Capacity building –work closely with the team project to develop and roll out a comprehensive M&E system for VSO Mozambique that allows the Country Office to reflect on, and manage, program effectiveness and be accountable to our stakeholders.
• Contributes to growing VSO’s body of evidence in monitoring and evaluation.
• To maintain and contribute to the development of VSO's country strategy, with responsibility for developing and managing VSO Mozambique Education Portfolio.
. The program is run in Beira and Chimoio with frequent trips to the field will be required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor Degree level or equivalent; Master degree would be an advantage
• National contracts, the candidates must have rights to work and live in Mozambique
• Advanced understanding of program management, research and evaluation methodologies
• Experience as a teacher is an advantages
• Skilled in designing and managing data gathering
• Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with people in different contexts;
• Strong computer skills, including statistical packages and the ability to interpret data and construct models where appropriate;
• Excellent communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner
• Self starter with initiative and confidence to lead in their designated field – can work independently and prioritize own work load
• Excellent team player
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience in a ‘Development’ context/ INGOs
• Being up-to-date on the current international debate around development effectiveness and research and evaluation methodologies;
Contribute to national promotional activities such as special events, newsletters and developing external reports;
Assist or take leadership in emergencies as required;
May include the supervision of support staff and deputizing for the HoP or other colleagues as required;
Programme Managers have a demanding tour schedule requiring them to spend a substantial amount of time travelling throughout the region/country. On average a Programme Manager can expect to be on tour for about 3 months per annum;
Support programme development at the regional level (where appropriate);
Participate and share at regional conferences document learning etc, to share with the organization.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application