|Contract type||Consultant Agreement|
|Contract length||3 Months|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||To be decided|
|Start date||1 Sep 2022|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Purpose of this Assignment:
Under the guidance of VSO’s MYRP team, the Individual consultant or consultant firm will assist VSO in:
• Adaptation, Designing and pre-testing of inclusive Early Childhood Education Content for Students and Teachers (Lesson Plans and Workbooks)
• Adaptation, Designing, pre-testing, and Printing of Manuals/ Modules (for TOT and for teachers Training) for capacity building of partners staff and Education Champions and for teachers on Early Childhood Education.
• Capacity Building of Partners Staff and Education Champions on Developed content including Learning Package (Lesson Plan and Worksheets) of Early Childhood Education.
• Adaptation/Development (only where required), Pre-testing, and Printing of Tools for Students Assessment (Early Childhood Education, Primary and Accelerated Learning Students)
• Development Pre-testing and Printing of Tools for Baseline, Midline and Endline Studies of all 5 Outcomes of MYRP
• Capacity Building of Partners Staff and Education Champions on Students Assessment tools and Baseline, Midline and Endline Tools
• To conduct the Baseline survey and Students Assessments in Project Targeted Area.
• Development, pretesting and printing of content/Manual/Modules for TOT and community members on awareness sessions around importance of Early Childhood Education and Accelerated Learning Pathways.
• Capacity building of partners staff and Education Champions on Awareness sessions around importance of Early Childhood Education and Accelerated Learning Pathways
• Adaptation/Development (only where required), pre-testing Printing of content for Community Catch up Classes (Accelerated Learning Pathways) for students and Teachers in fragile contexts (Lesson Plans, Workbooks)
• Adaptation to target beneficiaries (refugees/host communities’ students) in fragile contexts, pre-testing, and Printing of Manuals/Modules for capacity building of Teachers, Early Childhood Teachers, and Education Champions on Accelerated Learning Pathways
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).